To Participate in any sport you must complete the following before the first day of practice:
- Complete the SMS Physical - Sports Participation form (front and back)
- Pay the $40.00 Athletic participation fee
SMS Physical- Sports Participation Form
Click here for important information about CONCUSSIONS. More information.
All participants for Football, Cross Country, Swimming/Diving, Wrestling and Track are guaranteed to play. Boys' and Girls' Basketball and Volleyball are cut sports. Participants must try out to make a team. This is due to lack of gym space, the cost of transportation, the cost of officials and supervision issues. Questions about tryouts or how a student athlete makes a team? Call athletic director Jessica Grable at 970-674-5215.
Severance Middle School Athletic Scholarship
When Severance Middle School opened, we began collecting funds for a scholarship. We will be awarding a scholarship to one male and one female WHS graduate every year. Former Severance Middle School athletes, who go and continue to participate in athletics at Windsor High School, will be eligible to apply. Here are the requirements:
Severance Hawks Athletic Scholarship $500 one time only
- 2-4 year college or university, junior college, community college, vocational school or trade school.
- 03.0 GPA or higher.
- Financial need is not considered.
- Participated in at least 1 WHS athletic season senior year.
- Include letter of recommendation from WHS coach.
- Include letter of recommendation from WHS teacher.
- Include response to the SMS Hawks addendum question(s). This is included in the WHS Universal Packet.
To make this happen, every year we challenge each sports team to try to raise $100.
If you want to contribute a donation please turn it in to the SMS office. Checks should be payable to “Severance Middle School”. Don’t forget to designate which sports team, if any, you wish to get credit. Questions? Call 970-674-5210
Have a sports question? Call us!